Yesterday, I mentioned that Access 2007 would not let you edit Saved Import Steps, but that I had found a partial work-around. This will not rescue all of steps but should help with one of the more painful ones.
- Import a new file (or the same one all over again) but,
- This time choose to append, instead of making a new table. (don’t worry we are not really appending – we are just borrowing the column headings)
- Choose the table that you built with the original import that you are trying to change.
- Click OK.
- Go into “advanced”. All your column heading and data-types will be there.
- Now you can make the changes you need
- Save the spec inside that dialog using the Save as… button.
- Then cancel out of that import (you were not wanting to append anyway, right?)
- You can then use the new spec for any further imports.
It’s not a full solution, but saves some of the work.
If this helped you, or you have further questions, please leave a comment.