Here is a list of documents we are working on to help planners of WordCamps and other WordPress events. This is just a static reference. All discusion and updates will be on http://make.wordpress.org/events/
- AV release form for Speakers – Must have one for every speaker
- Working with AV – Best practices for recording good presentations and dealing with A/V tech in general.
- Email Lists – Working with MailChimp (or other mail providers; e.g. campaign monitor)
- Promotion & Outreach – How to get the word out about your event. Creating partnerships.
- Social Media – Streamlining workflow for Facebook/Twitter presence; tracking event activity on day-of.
- Survey Template – Post-event survey.
- Pre-event Email – Template for pre-event email to attendees
- Recording & Reporting Policies – Inform participants they will be photographed / reported on – inspiration: http://dc.adacamp.org/information-for-participants/policies/
- Schedules – What formats to use (e.g. iCal); planning your schedule / Check out http://guidebook.com/
- Session Types – Common + uncommon presentation types (e.g. tutorials vs. panels)
- Unconference (Day) Guidelines – Best practices for organizing the unconference: timing, content, organization
- Budget Sample – suggested amounts and percentages for different types of events
- Budget Template – Currently provided by WC Central to WCs.
- Invoice Template – Currently provided by WC Central to WCs.
- Financials Guide – Funneling money through WCC; requirements for out-of-country events. Cover sponsors, vendors, refunds, late registration, additional attendees at speaker dinner, organizer reimbursements, Non-profit letter.
- Insurance Guidelines – What to look for / choosing the right provider.
- Venues Guide – Finding good venues (event, afterparty, speakers dinner). Also floorplan and set-up.
- Do’s & Don’ts of Venue Selection
- Accommodations – Finding hotels, motels, BNB’s, and other locales to get you a discount.
- Timeline – In a countdown to event format
- Organizer Tasks / Agreement – Dividing tasks between organizers, assigning responsibilities, list of mutual understandings
- Registration Guide – Templates for registration; release forms (for speakers);
- CampTix – How to use, best practices, pricing suggestions
- Speaker Guide – Best practices for presenters; tips and tricks; advice from longtime WordCamp speakers.
- Checklist of Best Practices – A quick reference for wrangling speakers
- Speaker Submission Form – Questions to ask potential speakers.
- Choosing Speakers Guide – A guide for organizers on how to choose appropriate speakers.
- Speaker invite templates – Invites to speakers, confirmation, request for materials, logistics template emails
- Speaker rejection templates – How to thank people for submissions / proposals but not accept them
- Speaker Dinner – How to choose a location, who should be invited, how to manage the budget
- Sponsorship Guide – Templates for sponsorship tiers; how to choose sponsors; guidelines (e.g. GPL requirement).
- Checklist of Best Practices – A quick reference for wrangling sponsors
- Fundraising – Who to ask, what to say, what to offer, how to make sure commitments are fulfilled.
- Food n’ Drink Guide – Best practices for choosing a caterer; dealing w/ dietary restrictions; budget management.
- WCC Wrangling – Ensuring vendors are paid on time; communicating w/ WordCamp Central.
- Swag - Best practices/advice for swag. Includes stickers!
- Event Signage – Listing signage type + best practices (e.g. schedules on doors, what info?)
- Badges – Several templates and ideas
- Volunteer Wrangling – Estimating how many you need, recruiting, training,
- Volunteer Job Descriptions – Typical hours required, expectation of volunteer time, etc.
- Website Guidelines – Site map; what content you should have in place.
- Logo and Site Design – No Fauxgo, asking for, rewarding and acknowledging volunteer designers, WordCamp oneword
- WordCamp Theme – How to style, and how to use CPTs
- Snippet Library / FAQ – Answers to questions organizers get asked a lot. Explanation for organizers and public version.
See anything we missed? Have some of these materials you would like to share? Again this is just a reference. All discusion and updates will be on http://make.wordpress.org/events/