I found a really cool list of taglines that were suggested for the announcement of the new version of Windows. Some of them were not that cool so I just picked the best and posted them here instead of linking to the full list on my shared-items (link) blog.
Which reminds me, I have a lot of new readers, (hi guys) and you may not have heard of my shared-items blog. It is a spot where you can see everything that I am reading that I think is interesting enough to share. It is the reason that you do not get many forwards from me. I put all the coolest stuff on my shared-items at http://feeds.feedburner.com/lgedeon.
So without further ado, here is the list:
- Windows 7: We heard it’s a lucky number
- Windows 7: Like Windows 6 — wait, there was no Windows 6
- Windows 7: Apparently 13 versions of Windows + 1 = 7
- Windows 7: Experience crashes and bad architecture under a classic name
- Windows 7: The franchise gets a reboot
- Windows 7: Vista 2 coming soon
- Windows 7: Please ignore all that stuff we’ve been doing for the past decade
- Windows 7: DOS 12.1182
- Windows 7: If it looks like Vista, and smells like Vista…
- Look through Windows 7 and see Google’s cloud more clearly
- Windows 7: If that’s the price, it might be worth it
- “Windows 7″? Give that marketer a promotion
- Windows 7: If at first you don’t succeed, try again with a worse name
- Windows 7: Proving that Windows Vista really was a step backward
- Windows 7: On the path to catch up with Mac OS X…in 3 iterations. So 15 years.
- Windows 7: When we hit 0, we’ll call it DOS again
- Windows 7: The search for Spock
- Windows 7: What does Microsoft think this is, the Police Academy series?
- In death we have a name, and that name is Windows
- Windows 7: Microsoft renames its failed Vista brand
- Windows 7: The Vista Menace
- Windows 7: No quantum of solace for Vista users
- Windows 7: A few too many
- Windows 7: Ballmer in space
- Windows 7: Don’t call it a comeback
- Windows 7: How long until the first Service Pack?
- Windows 7: I can’t believe it’s not Vista
Found at http://venturebeat.com/2008/10/13/windows-7-the-search-for-a-good-headline/. I am citing the source since that is the right thing to do, but I am not linking and I am warning most of you, if I know my audience, that you would rather not go there. And, if I know my audience some of you will ignore the warning but this way you cannot blame me, which is (after all) all I care about. 🙂