Being a leader requires you to balance a lot of different, often conflicting priorities. You even have to make the call between a balanced, diverse (safe) approach and going all in.
You will have much greater success if you stay in the center of your lane, but you will have a much shorter life, if you stay in the middle of the road.
Here are just a few things you have to balance. Feel free to add your own in the comments.
- Speak and act with confidence. Be humble.
- Never do yourself what someone else is willing and better able to do. Be a servent.
- Listen to wise council and to the heart of your people. Stand firm for what is right.
- Provide stability. Push your followers to achieve the impossible.
- You are here to make decisions now and make them stick. Don’t be rash.