Note: This article is for developers. It is an outline of steps that need to be taken to build the plugin.
- Define a custom-post-type so that this can live next to a the rest of the content on a site. Slug: wiki, of course
- Define shortcode [w pagename] that links to the correct page if available. If not, suggest alternatives and give option to create page.
- Enable front-end editing for this CPT.
- Expose revisions on the front-end.
- Add ability to define pages that will act as the header and one or more sidebars.
- Add widgets that do page menus, topic menus, etc.
- Create a [widget] shortcode
- Add custom user levels
- Add ability for non-privileged users to submit edits in a format that editors can just click to commit.