I could really use your help.
I am helping out with gathering event planning training materials. More on that in future posts. For today, I need a list of as many different WordPress specific events as possible to make sure we have a good list of materials needed.
So far I have: (h/t Jane)
- WordCamps – anyone do anything non-traditional here? (traditional being multi-track series of talks)
- Meetups – what formats are used (networking, talks, monthly, weekly)?
- Hackathons or Hack-days
- New user training – one day / multi-day
- Theme workshops
- Help clinics
- Community Summit
- IRC meetings on #wordpress-dev
- Online meet ups (ie via Google Hangout) (h/t Andy)
What other types of events are you guys doing?
If you have done any of these other than a traditional WordCamp, would comment with a quick description? I am particularly interested in what goes into planning and running the event. What advice would you give to someone starting a similar event? What needs to be done/communicated before, during and after the event?